Soy Milk Soap

Many people drink soy milk, but did you know you can get many of the same benefits by using soy milk on your skin? Soy milk is a favorite among nutrition experts, who believe that soy extract is mandatory for total bath and body health.Soy milk is chock full of proteins, amino acids, and lipids found in soy beans that allow for rapid hydration and cell regeneration. Soy also has a natural source of phytoestrogens, which are beneficial in the regeneration of a woman’s skin. Phytoestrogens help women keep a youthful appearance as they replicate female hormones. Soy lipids are high in vitamin E, which helps to regenerate damaged tissue and brings moisture to the skin.What about aging? Soy also is instrumental in repairing the skin, and keeping it soft and flexible, therefore avoiding the natural process of aging. Soy lipids are also a good antioxidant and aid in eliminating free radicals from the skin.

Soy milk was used as my choice as water base for the first batch of soap because not only was it good for our skin (and my wallet!), but the place selling it was located conveniently nearby as well. I bought the soy milk from an Uncle who sells soy milk, along with taufufa, guilinggao and herbal drinks around my university (IMU) on his truck.

Now, when sodium hydroxide (lye) reacts with the water base, a great amount of heat will be produced. I read that it was best to freeze milks and let the lye do all the melting so that the temperature does not increase too dramatically.

For this batch of soap, I used a slotted spoon and wooden spoon alternately (because I wanted to have fun with both utensils!) to mix the ingredients. You can bet your money I wished for a stick blender to appear right then and there, which is why I am seriously going to get a one in the time to come. After I achieved trace, I poured the mixture into the mold and left it for a good 33 hours before unmolding and it turned out beautiful. My initial concern was that the soap would have been too hard to cut since it was suggested to cut after about 16 hours but I could not do so as I just arrived home from Johor after taking MUET.

Leaving the soaps to cure for 4 weeks. Sprinkled oatmeal on top to make it look more delicious!

TADAAA! Introducing....100% VEGAN TOFU SOAP (unscented)

Ingredients: organic soy milk, coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, castor oil

The mold holds about 350g of soap, and I sliced the loaf of soap into 7 pieces. But as you can see, there are 3 smaller slices because I simply do not have the patience to wait for a month to use my soaps, so decided to use the smaller slices perhaps after 2 weeks to test it out.

Soapmaking is such an enjoyable and fruitful process! I definitely plan to make a greater array of soaps as I have received positive responses and requests from family and friends. My next batch of soap have yet to be decided as I am tied up with studies and busy schedules but I am thinking of beer soap and honey oat soap.

It's getting late and I better hit the sack. Good night all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi. May i know ur procedure how to make soya soap. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the Best soya milk plant from NK Dairy Equipments, famed as The Leading Soya Milk Plant Supplier in India. Visit the link for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog and great information. We are manufacturers of Ghee Plant. You can get here best quality manufacturers plant at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...