Soaping & Soap Lab

I can't recall precisely what triggered me to enter the world of soaping, but I was definitely inspired by an online shop called 'Earth Care Soaps' where I first got all my organic skin goodies from. The feeling of applying something so wonderfully organic and healthy made my skin happy. handmade soaps are much better for our skin and is friendly to our beloved environment! From now onwards, I am going to stick to natural handmade soaps. Why? Look at the table below to see the comparisons between handmade and commercial soaps.



Source: http://soapville.blogspot.com/



The equation for soaps is pretty simple: Lye + Oils = SOAP.

The quality of the soap would depend on your ingredients of choice and where they come from matters as well to certain soapers. Most importantly, the ratio of ingredients (which I still have trouble with actually, thank goodness for the soap calculator!) The tools and equipment for making soap like molds, cutters and stick blender would make the job less tedious. Perhaps I would purchase these in the future when I decide to make soaps in bulk!

Due to budget constrain, I ordered a DIY breastmilk soap kit from Soap Lab (http://www.soaplabmalaysia.com/) for RM49.00. Price includes a silicone mold! 

Video showing the list of items in the DIY kit.




Excited to make my first batch of soaps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...