[Review] Brother JS1410 Sewing Machine

BROTHER JS1410 SEWING MACHINE


Hello there! I've recently been exploring the world of sewing and took quite some time to figure out which sewing machine to buy (was thinking of brands like Janome, Singer and even Juki). My final decision was Brother JS1410- all the basic stitches and important features are packed in this lightweight sewing machine, such as straight stitch, zigzag stitch, reverse stitching, free arm, LED light, blind hem stitch and a buttonhole maker (must have!). Also, I thought it was super cute and the blue color projected a very clean, finished look. 


Where did I buy BROTHER JS1410?
I bought this sewing machine from LAZADA MALAYSIA at RM448 (Ori price: RM548. Price on official Brother page: RM699) and I must admit, their delivery service was not as disappointing as I thought -took 3 days with GDex. I bought this during the Raya Sales, so I got a massive RM100 discount from that! 

First impression?
I like how surprisingly lightweight it is! Yet, it's still sturdy when I sew and doesn't move or vibrate, which is a big no no for me as the constant movement of the machine would definitely affect the finished product. I'm also very pleased with the simple deisgn of the sewing machine. Brother did a good job on that one! 

So let's start! I'll let the photo's do the talking, and will give a brief explanation.

 



col2OAa.jpg

Sewing Features

Stitch Number
14
Stitch Pattern Selection
Dial Selection
Stitch Width (Max)
5mm
Stitch Length Control
No
Buttonhole Sewing
4 Step
Number of Buttonholes
1
Feed Dog
6 point

General

Category
Mechanical (Electric)
Bobbin Type
Horizontal
Needle Threader
No
Thread Cutter
No thread cutter
Sewing Light
LED
Foot controller
Yes
Start Stop Button
No
Thread Tension Control
Manual
F.A.S.T Bobbin Winding System
No
Source: http://welcome.brother.com/my-en.html

I like how there's a step-by-step guide on how to wind a bobbin. Terrific for newbies like me.

Removable drawer to reveal the free arm hole, perfect for sewing cuffs, sleeves and bags! *squeals*

What's in the box? It's not only the sewing machine! You also get:
1) Buttonhole foot "A"
2) Zipper foot "I"
3) Zigzag foot "J"
4) 4 x Bobbins
5) 3 x Needles
6) Screwdriver
7) Foot Controller 
8) Instructional DVD

You can see a hole (buttonhole controller) in this photo. This is where the screwdriver should be slotted into. 
 I know, I was trying to figure out where and how do I use this thing too...


That's basically it.Oh and never forget to...

1) Check the authenticity to make sure what you're buying is the real deal. 
2) Certified with SIRIM (or any entrusted organization that certifies product safety and quality).

I hope my review helped some of you decide on a sewing machine! It was really hard for me because there really weren't a lot of reviews or videos about this machine. Leave me an email at alexiswong94@gmail.com if you're looking for some friendly advice, or just want to talk!  


*All photos are mine and edited by me. I was not in any way sponsored, so this is an unbiased and honest opinion. 

26 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm glad I could be of help to you. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for such a helpful review. expecting more writings on sewing from you. actually i am going to buy a sewing machine. but confused as i can not decide between js1410 and as1430s. can you help me decide? thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful review. I'm also just starting with crochet and sewing and this helped me me decide on the machine I wanted. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. Happy to hear that! How's your journey going so far? xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the great sewing creativity, they were helpful to me.

    Please check http://ireviewable.com/brother-designio-series-dz2750-computerized-sewing-quilting-machine-review/, I believe it is a good model from Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info. I just bought it for my wife base from your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely! Glad to know my review was helpful. Hope she enjoys it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hello sorry for replying late. No this cannot serge seams. Alternatively there are other ways to finish your edges without a serger. Here's a link that I found useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R0_AUTCiI8

      Delete
  7. Hi have you ever experienced to broke your top threads and needle?. Any tips you do to troubleshoot this kind of problem. I tried several steps dismantling and cleaning my ja1410 but still it can't be solve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sewing machine comparison and reviews

    Detailed and straight to the point comparison and product reviews of sewing machines. Insights on features, performance and best buying practices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello i wanted to ask if i can use this machine in sewing leather products .... Thick leather products ?! Thank u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fady!

      I am not entirely sure about that, but it's generally not recommended to sew thick materials with this machine, because it's not built for that. You may need better sewing machines for that.

      Delete
  11. Hello i wanted to ask if i can use this machine in sewing leather products .... Thick leather products ?! Thank u :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello.... m asking on how to fix my sewing machine; the problem is that whenever I start my sowing it eventually gets stuck on the black object where you place your bobbin ... the machine needle eventually gets stuck and I cannot finish my sewing .... what should I do?? Please

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your review, very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Brother Sewing Machines

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. lhd underground mining

    ReplyDelete
  17. The uniqueness of your approach to this subject is quite striking. It's not often that one comes across such a novel perspective.

    preppy pfp

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...