Up next: Sewing

I apologize for being inactive the past months, just found time off exams. Now it's ME TIME!
I've wanted to venture into sewing for quite some time now, but figured that it'd be way too tedious and tiring. However, I would like to thank Tilly & The Buttons for inspiring me and telling me that sewing is not as daunting as I imagined. 

By reading some reviews regarding her book Love at First Stitch, my heart have definitely fell in love with the minimalistic and easy-going approach of the book. I'm very very new to the world of sewing and am so afraid to pick up a sewing guide book that has sewing jargons and incomprehensible sew-cabulary (yes I made up that word). Reviewers say it's so easy to understand and it's as if she is right there guiding you. YEAPS!


Not only that, the patterns inside are to-die-for-level-of-cuteness. 
Found out that in Malaysia, MPH and Kinokuniya sell her book for RM112.90. Yes, I will get my hands on it despite the slightly ridiculous pricing! 

I like to do my own personal preps and research before going into a potential hobby (particularly because it may just be a temporary, in the spur of the moment, kinda thing). Just as I started my crochet journey back in September 2013, I know it's gonna be tough in the beginning but so worth it in the end. Crocheting has brought so much joy and contentment into my draining medical life and I believe sewing will too. 

Next up, I'll talk about my minimal research on the must-have for every seamstress-- the sewing machine, as well as other essential sewing tools. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...