Update on Leximakes

Hello readers! 

First of all, I would like to say big fat THANK YOU. 


I have never in my wildest dreams thought that my blog would have received so many encouraging messages and e-mails from people all around the world. I initially started this blog with the aim of updating all my handy artwork in one place for me to look back, as well as share my love of crafting with the world. I am beyond happy when I receive a little e-mail from some of my readers asking for opinions which I would gladly give! No harm in sharing ideas!

I would like to apologize for not writing in as often as I'd like. Medical school has been hectic and I'm now heading on to 5th year. You'd think I've forgotten about arts? Heck no! It's in my blood.

For the past couple of months, I've been into water illustrations. I used to colour and paint back in my schooling days, and I've forgotten how much joy it used to bring me. I'll be writing a separate post on the kickstart of my water illustrating journey and beginner tools that I am currently using (and absolutely adore!)

Also, I have decided to stop making soaps for the time being because ingredients are difficult to come by, and I am an impatient bubble that needs her 'what-you-need' list when an idea suddenly strikes! Having said that, I'll still go green and purchase handmade soaps because my love for them just never ceases.


So what am I doing right now? 

Well, I am currently back in my hometown (Miri, Sarawak) for selectives and electives. I have a whooping 3 months 'break' from university! Yikes. I mean, in no way am I complaining but I'm the kind of person that HAS to be out and about, and I'd much prefer a break with a few intervals in between than a full-on 3 months off.

For my electives, I reckon I might as well use this time to sharpen whatever skills I have right now - painting. I'll be heading to c.studio next week to commence my first class with Chen. He seems to be a very welcoming and talented tutor, so I am looking forward to learn skills from him. Oil painting has always been an art that falls outside of my comfort zone but hey, new skills are the hardest in the beginning and I am up for a new challenge!

In the mean time, the idea of embroidery has come into mind (to be fair, it has always lingered somewhere in there from before) and given the ample time I am blessed with now, I might as well take up this challenge because if not now, then when?




And I will be updating (I promise this time!) my blog on my progress.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...